Oh the joy of parenthood... I'll share this story with you all because I love you so much. Over the past month my lovely little one has decided that he no longer wants to wear his diaper. Along with pulling it off very chance he gets, he has also decided that when he goes #2 that it's necessary to bring me hands full of POO! This is really NOT COOL! Sometimes he doesn't always make it to me first and I will find him playing in his room and everything is covered in crap! I've been thinking "maybe it's time to potty train" but since Gavin is not talking at all yet, I didn't really know how to communicate with him about potty training. Now that bringing me his poop has become a daily event I've decided something has got to get!
So, off we went today to buy a little potty, big boy underwear and pull ups. I wasn't really sure where to start so once he got up from his nap I thought "everyone has to pee when they wake up" right? I sat him down on his new little ELMO potty and he jumps up like the thing was going to bite him. So, I sit down on the toliet and try to show him that this is mommy's potty and that's Gavin's potty. I put him back on and he jumps off again. But this time he squats down next to it and pees on the floor. I pick him up and toss him on his toliet and he jumps up again and continues to pee on the floor. I couldn't do anything but laugh. I think he maybe has the idea but is not so sure about that ELMO potty. Anyway, I know that it's not going to be easy but I figured if i'm cleaning up poop anyway I may as well be cleaning it while trying to teach him. That on top of the speech therapy we've just started ... pray for my sanity!
Oh this is terrible!!! hahaha, I can't wait to be a parent!! (insert sarcasm here) LOL. I'm sure he'll do fine!! He must just be scared of the Elmo!! :) I wouldn't want Elmo staring at me while I'm trying to go either!!! hahaha....
ReplyDelete