Whoever came up with the saying April showers must have lived in Okinawa. It has rained a least 5 days every week for the past month. It's like clock work. Rains for 5 days then we have two really beautiful days followed by 5 more days of rain. This makes for restless kids and a restless mommy from being stuck inside all day. So, I've made it a point to get out and do something with Gavin everyday of sunshine.
Gavin's birthday was low key. We had a few people with kids over for a cook out and cake and ice cream. Gavin enjoyed having some kids over to play with and for the first time actually got into opening his presents. He loved that everyone sang happy birthday and blew out his candles all by himself. The next day we took him to the Aquarium with Chris, Leti and their son Andrew. It's about an hour drive to the north part of the island and when we were about 5 minutes away Gavin barfed all over himself. Poor kid gets car sick and I forgot to bring extra clothes. Leti just happened to have a shirt of Andrews that he put on but no pants and NO WHERE to buy anything. Once we got the the aquarium I sent Matt to the gift shop to hunt down some shorts or pants. No luck! So we walked through with the smelly kid. Although he smelled awful he had a blast and was on a hunt for the seahorses. Which we finally found at the end.
After that it was 5 more days of rain and once it cleared up Gavin and I took the short trip to one of the off base parks. I realized the moment we got there that it wasn't such a great idea because the park was pretty much one big mud puddle. The park is by the beach so walked over to check out what the storm had washed up. It was covered with coral. Gavin just had fun picking up pieces and throwing it back in the water but I was amazed at some of the larger pieces I found. I wish I was a little more creative because some of it would have been really cool to bring home.
5 more days of rain and we had a nice weekend so off to the park we went again. Different park this time but we went with Carrie and David (some friends from Tyndall) and after about an hour of driving around looking for the place finally enjoyed the sunshine and watched the kiddo play. Normally it would annoy me to be lost but it's kinda fun here to try and figure out/guess what everything is. I find myself taking pictures of random things that I know no one else would get or care about. I've tried a few time to get a good shot of the water but for some reason it just don't look the same on camera. It is beautiful and crystal clear is some places.
The end. Sorry it wasn't more exciting.
Gavin's birthday was low key. We had a few people with kids over for a cook out and cake and ice cream. Gavin enjoyed having some kids over to play with and for the first time actually got into opening his presents. He loved that everyone sang happy birthday and blew out his candles all by himself. The next day we took him to the Aquarium with Chris, Leti and their son Andrew. It's about an hour drive to the north part of the island and when we were about 5 minutes away Gavin barfed all over himself. Poor kid gets car sick and I forgot to bring extra clothes. Leti just happened to have a shirt of Andrews that he put on but no pants and NO WHERE to buy anything. Once we got the the aquarium I sent Matt to the gift shop to hunt down some shorts or pants. No luck! So we walked through with the smelly kid. Although he smelled awful he had a blast and was on a hunt for the seahorses. Which we finally found at the end.
After that it was 5 more days of rain and once it cleared up Gavin and I took the short trip to one of the off base parks. I realized the moment we got there that it wasn't such a great idea because the park was pretty much one big mud puddle. The park is by the beach so walked over to check out what the storm had washed up. It was covered with coral. Gavin just had fun picking up pieces and throwing it back in the water but I was amazed at some of the larger pieces I found. I wish I was a little more creative because some of it would have been really cool to bring home.
5 more days of rain and we had a nice weekend so off to the park we went again. Different park this time but we went with Carrie and David (some friends from Tyndall) and after about an hour of driving around looking for the place finally enjoyed the sunshine and watched the kiddo play. Normally it would annoy me to be lost but it's kinda fun here to try and figure out/guess what everything is. I find myself taking pictures of random things that I know no one else would get or care about. I've tried a few time to get a good shot of the water but for some reason it just don't look the same on camera. It is beautiful and crystal clear is some places.
The end. Sorry it wasn't more exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment