

Before we got here we decided that we would get one car from a dealer and just by a beater for Matt. There is no such thing as a nice car here so while we were at the dealer looking at cars for me, nothing really made me excited and we just picked something. You can't test drive cars here, you just go based on looks. We decided on a Nissan Skyline. After driving this car for a few weeks I found that I HATE IT. I feel like I'm driving on the ground and it is actually painfull getting Gavin in and out of the back seat, even though it's 4 doors. The thought of having to do this pregnant didn't set well with me nor did the idea of having to deal with a rear facing car seat in a few months. After going around with Matt about it he finally agreed to let me look for something bigger and he will drive the Skyline. I wanted an SUV, this is what I'm used to. While the Japanese don't care for such big cars, the SUV are geared towards the military and you get the military special when purchasing one.... they are so overpriced! I decided on a minivan. NEVER did I see myself driving a Minivan! I miss my pimped out Acadia very much! Matt thinks i'm going to kill someone with such a big car but really it's not bigger than my Acadia was. And I'm finally getting used to driving on the wrong side of the road. So now that I feel like I've just aged 10 years I will say that I actally kind of like my new mini van. Haha!
They are just sooooo damn convenient! I'm pretty sure its a big conspiracy to make sure that us "cool" Mom don't stay that way for long! Welcome to the minivan club!
ReplyDeleteI am SOO loving you in a mini-van!! You are a total Mom!! Haha - I love you girl!
ReplyDelete