I've had a few people tell me that I need to start blogging again. Frankly the idea of reliving our trip back is not appealling at all. It was a bittersweet good-bye. I realized more that ever that I truely do have great friends and family. I'm not sure I would have made it through this deployment here, alone. I've never minded being away from everyone but it's always kinda bugged me that Gavin can't grow up around our families. I'm gald that he got the chance to spend so much time with everyone. He had a blast this summer and fall with Aaron, Makenzie and Cooper. So saying good-bye was sad because we don't plan on making the trip back until it's time to leave for good. It was almost as if were in a holding pattern for the past 9 months and we are excited to get back to our lives.
For those of you who haven't heard the details of our trip back, here it is... Avery did WONDERFUL and Gavin did OK. Until we landed in Okinawa... This is when both kids decided they were sick of flying and had complete meltdowns! Both kids SCREAMED through the line for customs, while we waited on luggage with no strollers so at this point I'm doing my best to hold both screaming kids while Matt is trying to get our luggage. Finally, he decided that he would just go get the car and leaves me to get the luggage with both screaming kids. I'm still not sure why he thought that was a good idea... Anyway, his car was SUPPOSED to be across the street in his work parking lot. Well, it wasn't. While Matt goes to get the car from our house, I'm still stuck in the baggage area because Matt left with my ID and I can't leave that room without it. GREAT! Finally after every single person is gone some guys that work there came over to help me get our luggage and my screaming kids outside. Still no Matt. Once he shows up we load up and the car won't start. REALLY! He just drove it 5 minutes ago!! Did I mention that we are also locked out of our house and the kids are STILL screaming?? At this point I have a complete meltdown myself. I'm just going to stop here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment